Things to look out for
Though the summer seems long gone and the nights are closing in, we've not stopped working hard to ensure that we keep active: focussing on process both internally for ourselves and also in SUMAC® for users, we're convinced the new features, updates, and fixes will help us run our schemes more efficiently and will bring plenty of scope for you to improve your schemes too. The list below lists the main work items we've completed in Sept/Oct 2020.
- Partnership meetings + meeting notes
- Members can now plan meetings with partners and add in notes with various settings for privacy.
- Administrators can see statistics on the meetings, allowing for insights into how each partnership is doing.
- Tagging allows for metadata to be associated with key elements in SUMAC® (currently members and partnerships). These tags can be used for report filtering, email recipient grouping and more.
- Member portal
- With a new layout and improved functionality (see section on partnership meetings and notes), the member portal is now a place where members can easily manage their own details, plan meetings and log meeting content, setting permissions as appropriate.
- Improved UI - Mobile compatible
- We're always working to improve the layout, functionality and experience for users - this time round, we focussed on the mobile experience. While still a work in progress, we feel like some great improvements were made, allowing for more of SUMAC®'s functionality to be available for mobile users.
- We released a new notifications system, allowing for notifications to be viewed in one place, and also
- These will include some background jobs (bulk matching being one), allowing you to start the process, then get on with other tasks while it matches in the background. You can check the status of the matching at any time in the notifications dropdown and you'll see a notification when it's complete.
- Bulk toggling
- A long awaited feature and one we're happy to announce: from the member's datascreen, it's now possible to toggle availability. You can choose to toggle all, or a selection using the checkboxes per row.
- Matching is faster due to improved handling of matching data.
- Matching scores are now more accurate thanks to some work refactoring and improving the algorithm.
- Look out for the toggle in `Scheme Settings` -> `Matching` which will allow for including `Admin only` fields in the matching calculation.
- Reports now have consistent date formats (YYYY-MM-DD) to avoid confusion.
- Graphical fixes to handle more screen resolutions.
- Left menu footer items were overlapping buttons on smaller screens. This is now fixed.
- Broken links now working.
Upcoming: Nov 2020 - Jan 2021
- Admins will be able to easily determine how the matching flow works.
- Who accepts the partnership - mentee, mentor, or both?
- Who decides when it goes live - the members or the administrator/system?
- Admins can also toggle the option to include admin only fields in matching, ensuring that however your scheme is configured, SUMAC® will provide the most accurate matching.
- Auto matching
- Admins will also be able to manually trigger matching or schedule it to run automatically.
- Delete schemes/members
- Admins will be able to delete members (including partnerships and all other associated data) and wipe/delete schemes.
- Account information page
- Account administrators will have a settings page to view account data (billing cycle, level, modules (coming soon), contracts etc.)
- SUMAC® will inform account coordinators when limits are being reached/breached in order to prevent additional expenditure.